Frequently asked questions
On this page:
- How do I apply for a grant?
- Do we have to be a registered charity to apply?
- Do you support individuals?
- Do you support animal charities?
- When is the best time to apply?
- Can an organisation have more than one grant at a time?
- You have already given us a grant. Can we apply again for the same purpose?
- Will the Trust fund core costs such as equipment?
- We are a new charity and do not yet have any audited accounts.
- Do you acknowledge all applications?
- When will we hear if our application has been successful?
- If we are not successful will we be told why, and is there an appeals procedure?
- Do you expect us to spend the grant within a certain time?
1. How do I apply for a grant?
If you are unable to email, please post to
PO Box 955
Cambridge CB23 1WX.
Up to six weeks before the next meeting. See meeting timetable.
We will only consider one application from each charity.
We will consider each application on its merits. In some cases we may offer a further grant for the same purpose. No application should be made within a year of the previous one.
Send what financial records you have, preferably with an endorsement from a charity known to us. Please see lists of charities supported on the Eligibility page.
We write to all successful applicants following the meeting, usually within six weeks.
We will tell you if you have not been successful but we will not enter into correspondence.
Yes we would expect you to use the grant reasonably soon, certainly within a year.